Re: FW: ACTION-133: Develop an accessibility API and model for canvas as well as attributes to specify alternative content

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Paul Cotton wrote:

> At this point the canvas working group is in agreement that we need a
> shadow DOM with support for ARIA semantics. We have some test samples
> and we need to get browser support to expose the shadow DOM to the
> accessibility API.

Can you clarify if you are using the term "shadow DOM" as defined by SVG,
as defined by XBL, or in some new sense? I don't really understand what
the difference is between the agreement referenced above and what the spec
already requires.