RE: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems?

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 20:14 +0000, Ennals, Robert wrote:

> Yeah. You are right. But typing about="_:bnode" seems pretty awkward
> for end users, especially given that, in the microdata usage models,
> this is something we expect to see almost everywhere. Microdata's
> "itemscope" seems much more friendly.

I *think* typeof="" should quickly and easily accomplish the feat of
creating a blank node without giving it a name or type, or using
chaining, but the current RDFa spec is a little unclear in that regard.
Hopefully RDFa 1.1 will clarify this particular case, as I do think it's
a useful pattern.

> In Microdata, a common idiom is to write something like the following:

> This declares two blank nodes, one for me and one for you, and
> declares that you are my friend.
>
> In RDFa I believe I would have to write:

In RDFa you could write:

No extra node.

--
Toby A Inkster