Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> Ian Hickson, Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:12:34 +0000 (UTC):
> > On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> >> Ian Hickson, Thu, 10 Dec 2009 14:41:03 +0000 (UTC):

> There is no agreement within this group that we are working closely
> together on Microdata, which is what Conway's mandates in order avoid
> the effect of the law. Conway's law says that under such circumstances,
> things will not end up compatible. I don't think that Conway's law says
> that you will always - immediately - be able to pinpoint the
> incompatibilities.

So in other words, despite you saying that the aforementioned split "will
be/is already reflected in the design", it is in fact not reflected, and
you cannot point to anything that you think will show such a split?

> The current work on Microdata has not had wide support within this
> group. And perhaps even less outside this group. I can't see that this
> could worsen by being moved into another spec. And hence, Tab's premise
> is wrong.

That's a complete non-sequitur. Tab's premise, and indeed Conway's law in
general, has nothing to do with how much support something has. It has to
do with technical design.