Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification

Ian Hickson, Thu, 10 Dec 2009 14:41:03 +0000 (UTC):
> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>>
>> But Microdata is *already* being designed by only a half or a third of
>> the group, despite that it is placed inside the same spec. This split
>> will be/is already reflected in the design.
>
> Could you point to where microdata's design mirrors the communication
> structure of the working group?

Why should I need to explain the effect of Conway's law anymore than
Tab does? Does Conway even explain how? Otherwise, I stick to the quote
from Wikipedia as the definition of what Conway's laws is: a "valid
sociological observation". The HTML 5 work has a structure. A strange
structure: Two groups instead of one. From early on, I said that the
logical thing would be if WHATwg went into hiatus (at least w.r.t. HTML
5), and instead recommended that all activity took place in this group.
That is the _true_ solution to the problem that Conway's law describes.
As it is, Microdata _especially_ is an example of something that
happened in WHATwg instead of in this WG. But if you think that _that_
neither was or is a problem, then all the less should it be a problem
for Microdata to be placed in another spec, within the same two-group
structure.
--
leif halvard silli