Re: Splitting HTML from the HTML DOM (was Re: Renamed topic: focus and length of HTML5)

On Dec 7, 2009, at 9:12 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> I'm not sure that anyone is advocating splitting HTML from the HTML
>> DOM. I'm not sure it's worth discussing in depth unless someone
>> wants to propose doing it.
>
> +1
>
>> If anyone does want to make that case that some aspects of the HTML
>> spec should be split from the spec for the HTML DOM, then the
>> burden of proof would be on them to show that this is (a) feasible
>> and (b) an overall improvement.
>
> re: (a) +1
> re: (b) -1
>
> In the (at present, purely hypothetical case) where somebody wishes
> to actively pursue this AND demonstrates that it is feasible, then
> we would need rationales for both sides.

To clarify, what I meant by (b) is that a Change Proposal without
rationale would not be considered a valid Change Proposal. Thus, the
person wishing to pursue this would have to provide an initial
rationale, before anyone would be obligated to provide the opposing
rationale.

Regards,
Maciej