Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification

Shelley Powers wrote:

> We need to focus, rather than bring up past decisions and actions. We
> need to focus if we want to have any chance of closing these issues.
> The only open item right now with Issue 76, as far as I know, is what
> to do with Microdata. Chairs, am I incorrect in this?

I won't speak for others in the group, but I will say that what the
chairs are focused on is on concrete proposals.  For issue 76, we have
two at the moment.  If the owners of those proposals wish to revise
those proposals based on input, great.  If others wish to bring forward
new proposals, great.

I can say that discussions concerning reactions to what one person
thinks another person may have in mind and may have said outside the
context of a specific proposal are examples of things that I an *NOT*
focused on at the moment.

With respect to issue 76, at the present time, I don't see unanimity in
the working group, as such, I expect that we will need to follow the
following process:

http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies#managing-dissent

- Sam Ruby