Re: author view of HTML 5 spec - static copy (2nd try)

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, Dan Connolly wrote:

> I don't think we've managed to make it available in the w3.org versions
> to date, plus it takes some heavy CSS lifting in the browser.

I think the W3C versions have it; it's just an alternative style sheet,
which can be accessed through your browser's UI.

> So thanks to Geoffrey and James and company, I learned a little bit
> about the build tools and made a static copy:
>
> multipage version:
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-author-view/multipage/Overview.html
>
> single page version:
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-author-view/multipage/spec.html

The section numbers seem to be different here than in the full spec; while
I can see that the section numbers being consecutive makes some sense, I
think that having them differ from other views of the spec is going to
make feedback very confusing. Is there any chance we can keep the numbers
in sync between the two copies?

Is there a flag I can pass to the anolis on pimpmyspec.net to autogenerate
this copy, or should it be added to Mike's post-cvs-checkin stuff like the
current spec splitter?