Re: ISSUE-37 - html-svg-mathml - suggest closing on 2009-08-20

On Aug 19, 2009, at 11:48 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> I can see how this seems a little weird. I don't think it's
> completely illogica on the face of itl. Here's my thinking on this.
> HTML5 defines several things:
>
> A) A serialization independent vocabulary defined in terms of DOM
> elements and attributes.
> B) Scripting interfaces for the resulting DOM.
> C) A serialization form that can handle this vocabulary, plus a few
> select others (MathML, SVG), specifically the text/html serialization.
>
> I think it's plausible to include C without necessarily requiring
> implementation of the behavior for all parsed vocabularies. An
> analogous situation is XML - an XML parser has to put the
> appropriate elements into the HTML or SVG namespace

I meant to say:

... - an XML parser has to put the appropriate elements into the HTML
or SVG namespace, but it is not required to implement all of the
scripting interfaces and behavior of HTML and SVG, just to be a
conforming XML parser.