RE: ISSUE-56: urls-webarch - suggest closing on 2009-09-03

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 19:45:12 -0700
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
CC: "julian.reschke@gmx.de" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>
> Larry has taken
> an action due at the end of September to update IRIbis based on
> feedback.

Correction: due end of August (next Monday). A little optimistic,
but perhaps not too bad:

The IDNA <-> IRI requirements are the most vexing, see public-IRI list
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-iri/2009Aug/0024.html

I don't think this version will be the last one, but at least
get all the open issues on the table and some tentative resolution
of them.

> All that being said, I suggest we table (2) until (1) is resolved, and
> leave the issue open in the meantime.

Yes please table the "URL" discussion at least until next Monday.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net