Re: Path to Last Call (was closing various issues)

I wonder when quite valid concerns of this sort will be unimaginable?

How is it possible at this late date in the saga of "everyone connected"
that "just for accessibility reasons" is even a consideration?

The almost undeniable fact that this particular item being "likely not going
to happen" reflects very badly on us all. Are we really saying something
like "have mercy on the poor beleaguered developers for being imposed upon
by being "required" to do something "just for accessibility"?

"Oh, why must we *force* authors to do alt-text well, it's just for
accessibility, isn't it? Perhaps if we can show some 'business case' for it,
we can get it done."

Love.