Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility

Adrian Bateman wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:39 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:
>> Chris Wilson wrote:
>>> I'm sorry, I thought this issue had been updated already.  There's
>>> now an IE team member who is working on a proposal; for the time
>>> being, I asked that the item be assigned to Adrian Bateman.  I think
>>> this was at the conference call 2 weeks ago; I think Dan was adding
>>> Adrian to Tracker so I could reassign but it never got reassigned.  I
>>> just did so.
>>>
>>> (Sorry I can't look up the discussion; w3.org is currently rejecting
>>> most page requests due to "abuse from your IP".)
>>>
>>> That said, of course, if someone wants to volunteer other actions to
>>> move the issue forward, I don't think that's a bad idea.
>> Changing the owner, in my opinion, that does not change the status.
>
> Tony Ross has picked up this action. It's closely related to planning work he
> has already started. We intend to send a proposal to the working group before
> the end of September. I believe a status of OPEN is appropriate given that we
> are actively working on this issue. If the group prefers to close the action
> and set the status of the issue to raised until we submit that feedback we
> wouldn't object to that either.

The action can be OPEN and the issue status can be RAISED.  I believe
that that would effectively represent the current status, per the
definition of RAISED:

http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/#head-47c0b55d661dcf93f76d586ddbe292c9abc597e4

Not being familiar with Tony Ross, if you are OK with it, I would prefer
to keep the action assigned to you (Adrian).

> Cheers,
>
> Adrian.

- Sam Ruby