Re: Spec with issue markers [was: Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD]

From: James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:08:36 +0200
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Julian Reschke wrote:
> James Graham wrote:
>> I haven't added any ISSUEs with a status of RAISED rather than OPEN
>> yet. They will be added as soon as I get around to it. If anyone would
>> like to suggest which section(s) the RAISED issues should be
>> associated with that would be a considerable help.
>
> How about adding metadata to the issue page, so that information can be
> discovered automatically. Such as:
>
> APPLIES-TO-HTML5-SECTION: hyperlink-auditing

Something like that could work although it will be a bit fragile since
it will rely on scraping magic strings. Probably no more so than the
rest of the setup though.

I have experimented with ISSUE-4 adding "HTML5-SPEC-SECTIONS
the-doctype" at the end of the description field. The notes field seems
more appropriate but appears to be immutable, which I had forgotten. I
assume that one issue could be associated with more than one section so
the field would have a space-separated list of markers. The change in
magic marker string is entirely due to not checking what you originally
wrote.

Assuming there are no objections I will write some code that uses this
approach this evening.