Re: feedback requested on WAI CG Consensus Resolutions on Text alternatives in HTML 5 document

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:22:08 +0300
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
On Aug 18, 2009, at 21:17, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> If Ian doesn't want to do it, I suggest that Henri Sivonen should
> make the first draft of such a matrix, since he's effectively
> already made one for the validator.nu HTML5+ARIA mode.

Unfortunately, I can't take on more deliverables for Q3. I believe http://www.w3.org/mid/4A8ADCA2.2000803@w3.org
, http://hsivonen.iki.fi/aria-html5-bis/, the current whattf.org RELAX
NG schema and a snapshot of the work product of the accessibility API
mapping TF[1] provide enough data from which Hixie could synthetize a
draft even if the draft weren't perfect by Last Call. Is "want" really
the key word here?

[1] As I said in TPAC last year, I think the output of the TF is
needed to make informed progress beyond http://hsivonen.iki.fi/aria-html5-bis/
.
--
Henri Sivonen