Re: Normative Dependency and the Seven Drafts

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:55:33 +0200
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: "Doug Schepers" <schepers@w3.org>, public-canvas-api@w3.org, "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:49:57 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:
> The parts of HTML5 defining things like the Window object and origins
> could in theory be factored out, but it's decidedly nontrivial to do so.

I think it would be awesome if someone would take the effort to split
Window, origin, storage mutex, event loop, navigation, page loading, etc.
out. (Though on the other hand there's a lot of things from the Web
platform that would benefit of being documented before we try to clean up
documentation, in my opinion.) For XMLHttpRequest that would still leave a
dependency for text/html character encoding sniffing and text/html
serializing.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/