Re: Proposal: <content> element

From: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:32:31 +0100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
hi tab, its not about "skipping" as such its about chunking the page into
major areas.
ARIA landmark roles provide this chunking as distinct from other structural

html 5 as its specced and being used does not provide this for some of the
structures such as header and footer and article.
the first article element in a page with multiple article elements is not
equivalent to a single element container that contains a bunch of article

is not the same as

2009/8/17 Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>

> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 4:58 AM, Steven
> Faulkner<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi anne,
> > I agree, a problem i see with inferring things from the google stats is
> that
> > there is no indication of how often a class name is used on a page, also
> > what are the relative uses of these or similar values as id values?
> > if it is most often used singularly in the examples of
> > header/footer/content, this would indicate that allowing multiple
> instances
> > of these elements on a page, is not supported by the (unavailable) data.
> So it looks like the main problem here is determining whether we're
> (without the implicit sectioning), or if we're asking for a
> language-blessed replacement for #main.
> I'm not sure if the former is useful.  For the latter, I basically
> treat <article> as being that element.  It's not always going to be
> such (you can have multiple <article>s on a page), but if an AT is
> trying to skip down to something useful, skipping to the first
> <article> would be a good start.
> ~TJ

with regards

Steve Faulkner