Re: feedback requested on WAI CG Consensus Resolutions on Text alternatives in HTML 5 document

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis writes:

> On 17/08/2009 10:30, Smylers wrote:
>
> > If every instance of alt="" should also have role=presentation then
> > could we get user-agents to infer that?
>
> If that's a reply to me

Not specifically; apologies for the confusion.

> I'm suggesting that not every instance of alt="" should have
> role="presentation"

That seems reasonable -- and would be a good reason for not warning all
authors using alt="" with a specific recommendation to add
role=presentation.

But _if_ alt="" should imply role=presentation (and I don't feel
sufficiently informed that my opinion on that should have any weight)
then I was wondering whether this could be done by browsers rather than
authors.

Either of the above would result in not having the warning.

Smylers