Re: Proposal: <content> element

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:25:37 +0200
To: "John Drinkwater" <john@nextraweb.com>
Cc: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:10:05 +0200, John Drinkwater <john@nextraweb.com> wrote:
> I like this proposal. I take it that the element would be identical to
> <section>, but with the clear difference that it *is* a generic
> container? And with only one content element per document?

I think the other difference would be that it typically does not have a heading. The name should probably be <main> by the way as suggested on #whatwg, to more clearly indicate that there is just one per document, as you say. (I always used <div id="content"> myself :-))

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/