Re: The cite and pubdate attributes

On Aug 15, 2009, at 14:16, Ian Hickson wrote:

> pubdate="" on <article> is solving the problem that there's no other
> way
> to associate a publication date with a blog entry in HTML, in
> particular
> to allow for conversion to Atom.

What about making the <article> an item and using a pre-defined
itemprop on the <time>?

About the use case itself: Is there implementor interest in
implementing the consumption of HTML documents that aren't under the
control of the implementor as feeds by mapping the documents to Atom
semantics per the rules in the spec?

(I, for one, have some severely legacy software that runs as a cron
job and generated by blog feed from HTML files, but the process
requires no spec, since the software is sensitive to conventions I
enforce on myself, so there's no need for interop with anyone else's
conventions.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi