Re: feedback requested on WAI CG Consensus Resolutions on Text alternatives in HTML 5 document

hi maciej, thanls for providing this fedback and analysis.
notes
The consensus document is not my document it is feedback/recomendations from
the following W3C WAI Working Groups on the HTML 5 spec: Authoring Tools
Working Group (AUWG) <http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/>, Protocols & Formats
Working Group (PFWG) <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/>, User Agent Working Group
(UAWG) <http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/>, and Web Content (WCAG
WG)<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/>.

in regards to:
(3) The Consensus Resolutions document does not have the "private
communication" exception.
and

(5) The spec has much more extensive advice about what should go in the alt
attribute than the Consensus Resolutions, including common particular cases
such as images as link content, or CAPTCHAs.

the consensus document is not meant to be a replacement for current spec
text,  it contains recommendations for modifications and additions based on
a WAI review.

I have taken it upon myself to work an alternative version of the spec that
impacts on both of these parts, namely to move many of the examples to a
dedicated document dealing with text alternatives best practice [1] , but
this is not as a result of a recommendation to do so contained within the
WAI document.

I will respond further soonish

[1] http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/misc/HTML5/textalternatives.html

regards