RE: Recording teleconferences?

Matt May wrote:

> If you want to record the conversations (which I don't take a position
> on),
> and put those on the Web, the WCAG 2 requirement is that a transcript of
> the conversation be provided after the fact.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20081211/G158

As a point of clarification, this is what I meant in my earlier response:
if the audio recording is to be made publicly available over the web then
it must be available transcribed as well.

If the point of the recording is to allow the scribe or chairs to ensure
that all pertinent and relevant facts are accurately recorded for public
distribution, but choose to keep the recordings non-public, then there
would not be a specific need to provide a transcript.

JF