Re: Recording teleconferences?

At 17:43  +0200 14/08/09, Olivier GENDRIN wrote:
>OTOH, having such a record could be usefull to people wondering about
>the W3C process, or for non English natives wanting to check if they
>have a sufficient tongue level to participate in teleconferences.

it's perfectly possible to call in, and then ask that you use IRC as
the way to make your point (better, in fact, if you want the minutes
to be accurate :-))

I share Dan's concerns.  There are "/me" comments typed into IRC that
are un-minuted, and the current minute-takers take some care not to
minute all the conversation.  I'm not crazy about having every word
everyone says available for endless dissection.  Politicians have
enough trouble with that, we don't need it as well.
--
David Singer
Multimedia Standards, Apple Inc.