Re: Feedback on the current editor's draft

From: Smylers <Smylers@stripey.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:07:18 +0100
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
Ian Hickson writes:

> On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, Adrian Bateman wrote:
> > Personally, I'd prefer to remove the element content parsing and
> > always make the progress bar rendering depend on the attributes.
> I guess we could do that; what do other people think?

When I gave a conference presention introducing HTML 5 the content
parsing of <progress> was one of two points to get spontaneous applause
from the audience (the other was the HTML 5 doctype).

The audience were programmers, so I guess the notion of 'don't repeat
yourself' appealed -- not having to specify the same thing in both the
fallback text and the attributes, and risking one being updated without
the other.