Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 10:52:29 +0300
Cc: "'Manu Sporny'" <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, "'HTMLWG WG'" <public-html@w3.org>, "'W3C WAI-XTECH'" <wai-xtech@w3.org>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
To: John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
On Aug 13, 2009, at 22:54, John Foliot wrote:

> Henri Sivonen wrote:
>>

>> The email you cite is not an objection from the PFWG. It is an email
>> by individuals. The overlap with PFWG participants is small.
>>

> For the record:
> WAI does not have a formal 'membership',

The PFWG has, though.

> Is there a problem with that?

I wasn't pointing out any problem with the email itself. I was
pointing out that a statement about provenance of the email wasn't
factual.

When one is discussing HTML5 controversies (and especially when one is
documenting them for the general public), I think it's important to be
diligent and to keep statements factual to avoid inadvertently giving
an embellished impression of the controversies.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi