Re: closing issue-30 longdesc in favor of aria-describedby [was: Consolidated issues ...]

Dan wrote [3]:
> Works for me.

Has Chaals withdrawn the longdesc issue that he originally[4] raised [5]?

Has aria-describedby been incorporated into HTML5 as WAI CG recommended [6]?

That doesn't seem to be the case as Ian wrote [6]:
<Hixie> well then aria won't make LC
<Hixie> we can always do it after LC

Leif wrote [9]:
> Hence I suggest not closing ISSUE-30 at this moment.

If aria-describedby has not been incorporated as WAI CG recommended,
no functional replacement exists for longdesc, then I agree with
Shelley and Leif. The issue should not be closed [5].

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0577.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0579.html