ISSUE-6: suggest closing

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 22:19:34 -0700
To: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>

This issue is based on an email of mine responding to Chris Wilson, in
a dicussion of pros and cons of the <video> and <audio> elements. The
issue doesn't really propose an action. It has also been somewhat
overtaken by events - <video> has been in the spec for some time and
is shipping in a number of browsers. On 2008-06-19, Mike Smith
suggested closing this issue:

"2008-06-19 17:16:24: the fact that we have already published a two
WDs with video and audio in them has to some degree made this a moot
point; this is a candidate for just being closed [Michael(tm) Smith]"

I suggest that we take Mike's advice and close this issue. If anyone
wants to state an actual objection to <video> and <audio> being in the
spec, they remain free to do so, and should raise the appropriate
technical arguments on the list.

Regards,
Maciej