Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:55:29 +1000
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Hi Manu.

Maciej Stachowiak:
> > The Database section isn't missing in your draft, it's been added in
> > your draft. 6.12.4.1 exists in your draft and not Ian's draft, and is a
> > highly controversial section that was removed some time ago.

Manu Sporny:

…
> The database API section does exist in that document, which leads me to
> believe that I may be using the wrong document? Search this document:
>
> http://svn.whatwg.org/webapps/source
>
> for this search string "<h5>Databases</h5>". You will find that it is
> not removed. What am I doing wrong?

That file contains interleaved source for multiple documents, including
HTML 5.  You need to split out the part of the file that comprises
HTML 5 (all text between “<!--START html5-->” and “<!--END html5-->”
markers).  The ‘source-html5 : source’ rule from
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-template/Makefile does that.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/