Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD

On 9 Aug 2009, at 14:32, Manu Sporny wrote:

> 2. Two other independent voices to support the publishing of this
> draft.
>    Without those voices, this proposal cannot be considered for
>    publishing.

I think you already have those two other voices.

FWIW, I agree that warnings about controversial passages of the draft
- areas "at risk" - should be included in a published draft. They may
turn out to be very valuable for early adopters of HTML5. For people
whom development time comes at a premium, it may be important to
avoid areas of HTML5 which are very likely to change before final
publication. Conversely, those who have a lot of development time on
their hands could even be encouraged to experiment in the more "at
risk" parts of HTML5, so that they can feedback their experience to
this group.

I've not spent enough time reading Manu's edition of the HTML5 draft
to decide whether the particular parts he's highlighted are the best
parts to mark "at risk" (and perhaps even getting consensus on this
list of parts to highlight could be daunting) but I certainly agree
that in principle such parts should be noted.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>