Re: HTML5-warnings - minimum supporters requirement met

On Aug 9, 2009, at 6:05 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

>> Sam, Chris - just noting that the HTML5-warnings draft has met the
>> minimum supporters requirement:
>
> I agree that minimum support is present, but before proceeding, I
> simply want to ensure that there at least one person disagrees with
> each option.  So what I would like to ask is that if there is
> anybody who disagrees with any of the following, please say so, and
> indicate why. Indicating why is not optional.  The reason need not
> be something others will agree with (obviously), but must not be
> frivolous.

I disagree with the second option of the ones listed below, because I
don't think Manu's proposed set of issue warnings accurately reflects
the set of "controversial issues".

>>       ----------------- Pick one --------------------------
>>   [ ] Publish Ian's latest draft to address the heartbeat
>> requirement.
>>   [ ] Publish Ian's latest draft with Manu's warning language to
>>       address the heartbeat requirement.
>>   [ ] Publish both Ian's latest draft and Manu's latest warning
>>       language draft.
>
> If it turns out that a poll is necessary, I'm concerned that a poll
> with three options could end up with a plurality.  Given the input I
> have seen, I would prefer two separate questions: up or down on
> publishing Ian's draft at this time, and up or down on publishing
> Manu's draft at this time.  Since non-publishing is not an option,
> voting down on both will be treated as an abstain and not be counted
> further.  Of the remaining votes, if 50% or more vote for either
> draft that draft will be published.  People will be allowed to vote
> for both drafts.

Two separate up-or-down votes seems like an appropriate way to
proceed, if we are to have a poll at all.