Re: WG comments, Working Drafts, and Last Call -- clarification please?

Shelley Powers wrote:
> I followed the teleconference in IRC archives. A lot of stuff.
>
> Questions of clarification:
>
> Do we still have discussion when it comes to publishing a Working
> Draft, regardless of who publishes it?

Yes. (There was discussion around this, but no conclusion).

> Do we need consensus, or are all Working Drafts being published,
> unless someone actively protests?

No news on this.

> If someone publishes a Working Draft with many differences, can we
> discuss each, or is it a case of all or nothing?

Not discussed, as far as I recall.

> Is it true that the Working Group can't comment during Last Call? That
> we have to raise issues before then?

That would be a good reason to leave the WG by then :-). Not sure about it.

> If this is true, is Last Call still on schedule for October? Do we
> know when in October?

I'd like to know this as well. With the ton of open issues, I just don't
see how to get there, unless we finally start pruning the stuff that's
orthogonal and doesn't enjoy any kind of consensus.

BR, Julian