Canvas at the HTML Caucus -first meeting 7 August 2009

From: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 14:17:51 +0100
To: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>
Cc: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Hi all, we are having our first meeting tomorrow to discuss canvas
accessibility issues
If you are interested in joining in feel free to phone in and or join the
#pf IRC channel.

info about meeting below.

PF HTML Caucus Agenda, 14:00Z Friday 7 August

* Time of day conversions

You can check for the correct time of this meeting in your time zone
using the Fixed Time Clock at:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=7&year=2009&hour=14&min=0&sec=0&p1=0

** preliminary agenda for PF/HTML_Caucus telecon 7 August 2009

Meeting: PF/HTML_Caucus telecon
Chair: Janina_Sajka
agenda: this
agenda+ identify scribe
agenda+ Recent Developments
agenda+ Accessibility for Canvas
agenda+ next and future meetings
agenda+ be done

Topic: HTML Caucus Minutes
http://www.w3.org/2009/07/31-pf-html-minutes.html

Topic: Final Alternative Text Report
http://www.w3.org/2009/06/Text-Alternatives-in-HTML5

Topic: for reference
Tracker (issues and actions):   http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track

http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/4

** conference infrastructure access information a.k.a. dial-in
instructions

Reference:
http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_273

2009-08-07, 1400Z (for 60 minutes)
Dial the Zakim bridge at
+1 (617) 761-6200
(This is a USA number).
You should be prompted for a pass code,
this is
92473#
(WAIPF#)
If you are not able to access either IRC or the phone bridge, call me at
+1.443.300.2200
to let us know.  But use IRC if you can.

IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #pf.

During the conference you can manage your participation with Zakim
commands as follows:
  61# to mute yourself
  60# to unMute yourself
  41# to raise your hand (enter speaking queue)
  40# to lower your hand (exit speaking queue)

The system acknowledges these commands with a rapid, three-tone
confirmation.  Mobile phone users especially should use the mute
function
if they don't have a mute function in their phone.  But the hand-raising
function is a good idea for anyone not using IRC.

* IRC access

    There will also be an IRC channel available. The server is
irc.w3.org,
    the port number is 6665 (note this is not the normal default) and
the channel is #pf.

* Gregory's scribing and participation tips
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Teleconference_cheat_sheet

For more on the IRC setup and the robots we use for agenda and speaker
queuing and for posting the log to the web, see:

- for RRSAgent, that captures and posts the log with special attention
to action items:
http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent

- for Zakim, the IRC interface to the bridge manager, that will
maintain speaker and agenda queues:
http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot

- for a Web gateway to IRC you can use if your network administrators
forbid IRC, see:
http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

- for more on W3C use of IRC see:
http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/