Canvas at the HTML Caucus -first meeting 7 August 2009

From: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 14:17:51 +0100
To: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>
Cc: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Hi all, we are having our first meeting tomorrow to discuss canvas
accessibility issues
If you are interested in joining in feel free to phone in and or join the
#pf IRC channel.

info about meeting below.

PF HTML Caucus Agenda, 14:00Z Friday 7 August

* Time of day conversions

You can check for the correct time of this meeting in your time zone
using the Fixed Time Clock at:

** preliminary agenda for PF/HTML_Caucus telecon 7 August 2009

Meeting: PF/HTML_Caucus telecon
Chair: Janina_Sajka
agenda: this
agenda+ identify scribe
agenda+ Recent Developments
agenda+ Accessibility for Canvas
agenda+ next and future meetings
agenda+ be done

Topic: HTML Caucus Minutes

Topic: Final Alternative Text Report

Topic: for reference
Tracker (issues and actions):   http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track

** conference infrastructure access information a.k.a. dial-in

2009-08-07, 1400Z (for 60 minutes)
Dial the Zakim bridge at
+1 (617) 761-6200
(This is a USA number).
You should be prompted for a pass code,
this is
If you are not able to access either IRC or the phone bridge, call me at
to let us know.  But use IRC if you can.

IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #pf.

During the conference you can manage your participation with Zakim
commands as follows:
  61# to mute yourself
  60# to unMute yourself
  41# to raise your hand (enter speaking queue)
  40# to lower your hand (exit speaking queue)

The system acknowledges these commands with a rapid, three-tone
confirmation.  Mobile phone users especially should use the mute
if they don't have a mute function in their phone.  But the hand-raising
function is a good idea for anyone not using IRC.

* IRC access

    There will also be an IRC channel available. The server is
    the port number is 6665 (note this is not the normal default) and
the channel is #pf.

* Gregory's scribing and participation tips

For more on the IRC setup and the robots we use for agenda and speaker
queuing and for posting the log to the web, see:

- for RRSAgent, that captures and posts the log with special attention
to action items:

- for Zakim, the IRC interface to the bridge manager, that will
maintain speaker and agenda queues:

- for a Web gateway to IRC you can use if your network administrators
forbid IRC, see:

- for more on W3C use of IRC see:

with regards

Steve Faulkner