Re: summary attribute compromise proposal

Steven Faulkner wrote:
> Hi Sam,
> I agree that this new wording will suffice for the publication of the
> new draft of the spec.

Thanks!

> But like others do not see this being this as being the wording that
> will  pass consensus for last call.
>
> I agree that ian's alternative examples are worthwhile, but think that
> the use of summary has a place in the range of techniqes on offer.

Take your time, consider what you would like to recommend.  For now,
issue 32 will remain open.  I consider the most likely outcome of
today's call to be that Action 128 will get a new target date for when
we checkpoint next on this issue.

If you have suggestions, options available to you include posting to
this list, opening a bugzilla report, or directly editing the draft.

One thing I would suggest is that the the PF WG pursue publishing
updated guidelines on how to best to provide an overview of complex
tabular data or a brief explanation of that data in the context of
HTML5, and to work with the authors of the validator to ensure that the
message produced ultimately leads people to that document.  Henri
Sivonen is the primary author of the HTML5 validator, and I believe that
Mike Smith is also involved in some way with the deployment of this code
on the W3C site.

> regards
> stevef

- Sam Ruby