Re: [whatwg] Stripping newlines from URI attributes (fwd)

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 23:44:10 +0200, Erik van der Poel <erikv@google.com>
wrote:
> Interesting. So, in addition to the HREF -> DNS/HTTP mapping, we see
> differences between the browsers in their DOM behavior.

Actually, this is part of the HREF to URI mapping.

> By the way, what does this WG intend to do about characters where the
> browsers don't all behave the same way? The browsers are quite
> consistent about TAB/CR/LF, but IE, Safari, Chrome and Opera convert \
> to / in the host and path parts of the URI, while Firefox doesn't.

The draft that was part of HTML 5 said to replace \ with /. I have not
checked whether Larry changed this.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/