Re: [DRAFT] Heartbeat poll - update 4

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Sam Ruby<rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> Sam Ruby wrote:
>>
>> It looks like we are holding at two options.
>
> And still holding.
>
> I'd like to encourage everybody who is interested in this issue to read at
> the following (especially the two paragraphs immediately above "Epilogue"):
>
> http://john.foliot.ca/talismans-active-listening-and-a-half-time-show/
>
> And the following (especially the paragraph above the signature):
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0241.html
>
> - Sam Ruby

I'm not sure what you want from folks with this email, Sam. Not to
protest I'm if they go mano a mano, and the two options become one and
we can forgo the poll/vote?

I'm not speaking for anyone else, but this is a working draft
publication. I don't care about WDs, I only care about finished
products. John, Maciej, and Ian can create compromise text in the
Working Draft, and I'm not going to protest.

But if the compromise text makes summary obsolete, or doesn't propose
something new with the same functionality, and only then, makes
summary deprecated (not obsolete), then expect stormy weather ahead.

However, that's down the road, not necessarily of immediate concern.
Except that I would like to hear Cynthia's proposal.

Shelley