Re: New HTML5 spec-editing tools released

I think this is really great, Manu. However, I think it needs the mode
where only the new stuff is provided. That is, content that is
identical to the main spec is just not really a factor is evaluating
added or revised, or changed material. I think the main button for
showing candidate text should be that just the new/revised is shown. I
can always look at the most up to date official draft in another
window. Really, it is challenging enough just to generate candidate
text and graphics without having to concern a potential contributor
with generating the entire spec.

Although it may not be as automated, please see the candidate review
package for some of the embedded objects
"Re: HTML WG Issue tracker ACTION-131 Draft ALT spec"
http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/misc/HTML5/img.html
Redraft of sub sections '4.8.1 The figure element' and '4.8.2 The img
element'
and
http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/misc/HTML5/textalternatives.html
Best practice techniques: Providing text alternatives for images

in which, essentially, only the replacement text is shown. That may be
an old way to do it, but it provides focus for the reviewer who is
familiar with the rest of the document. Then, when the candidate is
approved, if everything ishooked in, the editors might well choose to
use the process you describe here to publish a complete current draft.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Joe