Re: [DRAFT] Heartbeat poll - update 2

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Since no one has proposed suitable polling text for the actual
> summary="" issue so far, I volunteer to do so. If the chairs are ok with
> me doing it, I can have polling text ready by Friday at the latest that
> I believe most people will find acceptable. In the meantime, I think we
> should either publish a Working Draft as is, and be ready to republish
> after the summary="" issue is resolved, or wait to publish until we've
> resolved the summary issue.

I would like to ask that you first demonstrate that you understand
John's issue.

> I think the desire to publish quickly to meet the heartbeat requirement,
> combined with the desire to tie this and other issues to publication, is
> not conducive to good decision making.

John has provided a high level explanation as to why this issue is
important, he has provide a set of five bullets as to what he believes
needs to be changed, and provided detail in the form of actual spec text.

And despite all this effort and detail, what I continue to hear from you
and Ian and a few select others is that you don't understand.

Please demonstrate that you do understand John's issue.  You may
disagree with it -- and that is fair, but please demonstrate that you
understand it.

After all of this, your suggesting that we publish Ian's draft now is,
to me, a clear indication that you have not made the effort to
understand John's issue.

Please prove me wrong.

> Regards,
> Maciej