Re: [DRAFT] Heartbeat poll

On Aug 1, 2009, at 12:07 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:

> I believe that part of what John and Ben's arguments highlight is that
> we're not there yet and the current publishing process is sending the
> wrong signal to the public: That HTML5 (as a whole) is nearing
> stability
> (which is arguable).

My understanding of the W3C Process is that Working Drafts do not
signal that a spec is nearing stability. They merely signal that the
spec is not dead yet. A Last Call Working Draft would be signal that
the spec is nearing stability. That would be the point where I think
open technical issues should block publication.

Regards,
Maciej