Re: [DRAFT] Heartbeat poll

On Jul 31, 2009, at 7:57 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> As you can see with my recent responses to Ben, I have little
> tolerance to people playing procedural games in order to block
> progress of others.   I'm not suggesting that you have done so yet,
> but if you continue to misrepresent my position and continue to
> suggest that John's request should be delayed, I will view it as such.

I'm not saying John's request should be delayed, just that it should
be decoupled from publishing a new Working Draft. Personally I think
it is the request to couple these decisions that is a procedural game.

I don't believe I've done or said anything to impede John in pursuing
changes to Ian's draft, or alternately, to creating his own draft.  In
fact, I've actually attempted to broker compromise changes on
summary="" which I'd hoped to be satisfactory to all parties. Clearly
John has not found the changes satisfactory, or even softened his
stance. But it is he and not I who is trying to mix up his preferences
with a publication decision.

Regards,
Maciej