Re: [whatwg] Please review use cases relating to embedding micro-data in text/html

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 15:42:02 +0200
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "Manu Sporny" <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 05:53:09 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, Manu Sporny wrote:
>>
>> I've looked over the list a couple of times and it's a good introduction
>> to the problem space.
>
> It's not really intended to be an introduction, so much as a complete
> list of use cases that people want the spec to cover.

Oh. Then I think it is probably doomed to be incomplete - users not only
do concrete things, but they do lots of different concrete things. This is
possibly (probably?) a large enough set from which to derive general
principles and clear goals.

> From the point of view of the HTML5 effort, what is needed is use cases,
> scenarios, and requirements, that don't in any way imply a particular
> solution, as in the list I posted, so that solutions can be evaluated.

So how do the solutions get proposed, or do you already have a candidate
list you have selected? What's the process here?

cheers

chaals