Re: Translation control in HTML5

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:21:48 -0600
To: <ian@hixie.ch>, <public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org>
CC: <public-html@w3.org>
> .. It may make sense to come up with a way to have external
> ITS files defining rules and link to them from HTML files
> using a <link rel=""> keyword; if this is desired, I would
> recommend writing up the semantics of such a keyword in a
> separate document, and then listing the keyword on the WHATWG
> RelExtensions wiki, so that it gets registered when we
> finalise the solution for rel value registration.

To follow up on this idea:

The XHTML2 WG is taking the same direction, as far as linking to external rules. It would be probably a good idea to use the same
value for rel. They discarded the idea of using a CURIE value to be more interoperable with other formats and are thinking of using
rel="itsRules". Would this be possible for HTML5 as well?

Cheers,
-yves