Re: Revamp HTML5 doctype sniffing?

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:31:23 +0200
To: op.usdivfhnidj3kv@zcorpandell.linkoping.osa, public-html@w3.org
On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:14:42 +0200, Daniel Schattenkirchner <schattenkirchner.daniel@gmx.de> wrote:

> Mozilla won't change before HTML 5 changes,

Why not? If you convince Mozilla to change then the spec will most likely change with it.

> and WebKit probably won't
> change before Mozilla changes,

Why not?

> so it really depends on what the WG
> decides on.

In order to change the spec you basically have to convince Mozilla or WebKit first anyway. That or research Web pages using <!doctype html public> or <!doctype html system> to find whether they work better with quirks mode or standards mode.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software