Re: Revamp HTML5 doctype sniffing?

From: Daniel Schattenkirchner <schattenkirchner.daniel@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 18:10:28 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org
Henri Sivonen wrote:
> How does it happen? Where do they copy and paste from?

I think the problem is, that there is no doctype to copy and paste.

Probably it's the region I live, germany. Our most successful HTML guide
is SELFHTML. It does mention 4.01 doctypes in the beginning, but doesn't
use doctypes in most examples. A revised version is already in the works
though.

But I don't want to blame anyone. I'll ask the next time I encounter
someone using an HTML 4.0 doctype.

Anyway, Simon convinced my that changing this part of the doctype switch
would cause harm than good.