Farewell (was : Philip TAYLOR's status as Invited Expert in HTML Working Group)

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 16:51:20 +0100
To: sysbot+ipp@w3.org, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
CC: team-ie-process@w3.org, mike@w3.org, www-archive@lists.w3.org

I note with regret that the new W3C Invited Expert
and Collaborators Agreement [1] requires me to
agree to personal jurisdiction by the state and
federal courts sitting in the State of Massachusetts.

As a British Citizen, I am unwilling so to agree.

I note with further regret that this was /not/
a requirement of the 2002 W3C INVITED EXPERT
AND COLLABORATORS AGREEMENT [2].

As I am unwilling to accept the revised agreement,
I have no option but to cease contributing as
an Invited Expert.

Philip TAYLOR

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2007/06-invited-expert.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/collaborators-agreement-20021231