Re: function and impacts (was: @scope and @headers reform)

From: Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 01:43:39 +0100
To: "James Graham" <jg307@cam.ac.uk>
Cc: "W3C WAI-XTECH" <wai-xtech@w3.org>, public-html@w3.org

2008/9/25 James Graham <jg307@cam.ac.uk>:
> Apparently this was a case that Simon and Ben discussed for the original
> smart headers algorithm that got lost along the way somewhere. I've changed
> it in the table inspector now so that it is handled correctly.

That's very impressive. I've just tested it with an example that
doesn't use the headers attribute at all [1], and the associations are
all correct. I'd like to test it with a wider range of tables, but the
algorithm satisfies the examples I put forward. If nested headers are
allowed in HTML5, I think that algorithm could work very well.

[1] http://juicystudio.com/wcag/tables/nestednoheaders.html

Cheers,

Gez

--