Re: function and impacts

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:30:01 +0200
To: Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar@googlemail.com>
CC: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie, James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>, Al Gilman <alfred.s.gilman@ieee.org>, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>, public-html@w3.org, Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>

Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:
> How are we going to get more editors? They don't grow on trees. It's a
> good idea in principle, until you start trying to get any editors. All
> but one spec branched off HTML 5 has dithered away and work has come to
> a complete stop on. I don't think anyone would like HTML 5 to be as big
> as it is, but unless the other parts can be actively edited (some of
> which HTML 5 relies heavily upon), there's nowhere better to put them if
> we want any spec for them at all, sadly.

That makes it sound as if the number of editors needs to equal the
number of documents.

BR, Julian