From: "Justin James" <j_james@mindspring.com>
To: "'David Poehlman'" <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>; "'Henri
Sivonen'" <hsivonen@iki.fi>; "'Jim Jewett'" <jimjjewett@gmail.com>
Cc: "'HTML WG'" <public-html@w3.org>; <wai-xtech@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 8:37 AM
Subject: RE: acceptable fallbacks [was: Re: Is longdesc a good solution?
...]

Without a sound card, how are you using a screen reader? Indeed, without a
sound card, how would a blind user use a computer? I am not being facetious,
I am curious, because I cannot imagine how that would work, and know this is
a crucial part of coming up with a good solution here. Is there something
like a Braille printer that you would use to get the output (or maybe even a
mechanical screen that displayed Braille for you to read)?

J.Ja