Re: Is longdesc a good solution? (was: Acessibility of <audio> and <video>)

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 15:54:51 +0300
To: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>
Cc: "John Foliot" <foliot@wats.ca>, "'James Craig'" <jcraig@apple.com>, "'Lachlan Hunt'" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, <public-html@w3.org>, "'W3C WAI-XTECH'" <wai-xtech@w3.org>

On Sep 7, 2008, at 14:56, David Poehlman wrote:

> and what is the "something else"?

Oops. I misunderstood which part of my message was being referred to.

"something else" in the last sentence could be:
  * Merely juxtaposed text that restates whatever it is the image
illustrates.
  * Juxtaposed text associated with aria-describedby.
  * Link to a different page phrased as a "more information" link for
all audiences as opposed to a [D]-link.
  * <object> element with HTML fallback content.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi