Re: new XSLT output methods, was: several messages

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>> Actually, it does matter.
>>
>> I just tried (using xsl:text/d-o-e=true), and in Firefox 3, I end up
>> with a text node containing "<!DOCTYPE HTML>" at the start of the
>> document.
>
> But does anything you do with doctype here affect whether the document
> is standards or quirks?  That's the only reason HTML5 has a <!DOCTYPE
> HTML> thing going on, no?

Not in Firefox, but potentially in other browsers, and also when I want
to use the same XSLT server-side and then generate HTML.

So yes, an XSLT can be written for Firefox, that "works", but it would
be different from an XSLT used elsewhere.

BR, Julian