Re: What namespace features popular SVG tools really emit (ISSUE-37)

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 18:45:39 +0200, Dailey, David P.
<david.dailey@sru.edu> wrote:
> c) determining "proper" behavior on the basis of incomplete
> implementations may be misleading. I'd be tempted to follow Opera's lead
> here, since they appear to have given the issues considerably more
> thought than the young upstarts in these other little companies (Apple,
> Mozilla, Google, etc.).

FWIW, I personally consider our behavior to be a bug. We might need it a
little longer until SVG support is more widespread but if other browsers
keep up their good behavior we can hopefully drop this in due course.
Augmenting the markup based on a DOCTYPE is something that's better
avoided.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>