Re: <q>

Justin James a écrit :
> [...]
I don't understand your feeling Justin. Oliver got a good argument, i.e.
if we specify a lang for a <q> tag, it concerns the <q> content and not
the quotation style, which belongs to the typography of the main
document language. There is no problem with the @lang attribut I think.
Actually, I wonder to understand what is the problem with quotation. The
<q> tag indicates a quotation, like <p> tag indicates a paragraph. The
style quotation, like the style paragraph, are exported into a CSS. And
of course, UA got a default render, according to the document language.
Maybe, this is the problem because a default render for a paragraph is
trivial, but a default render for a quotation is a bit hard. For example :
The first quotes pair is « and », and the second (inside quotes) is “
and ”, like English quotes … If a UA should know all theses rules, this
is the problematic.

Finally, I think that <q> tag is usefull for the semantic and does not
evoke special problem. The quote style is difficult but not impossible,
and UA given default render through CSS for quotes style, there is no
problem no ?

Regards.

--
Ivan Enderlin