W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > October 2008

notes from "implicit role" breakout session

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:48:37 +0200
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>
Cc: wai-xtech@w3.org
Message-ID: <op.ujiyzbvn64w2qv@annevk-t60.oslo.opera.com>

Notes:

   http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-role-minutes.html


Inline:

we should make sure "State and Property Groups for Implicit Roles" matches  
the ARIA taxonomy

<anne> (aria-html5-bis should probably be updated with respect to recent  
changes in HTML5 at some point, e.g. event-source -> eventsource)

<hsivonen> anne, also changes in ARIA

<anne> Focusing on two things: figuring out where holes with current HTML  
to MSAA mapping are in existing implementations. Figuring out what the  
mapping should be going forward and for new HTML elements.

hixie: HTML would like to know what should be and what is, and of what is,  
what is immutable

need to document [existing | proposed] mapping between HTML features, ARIA  
features, MSAA, UIA, IA2, ATK, AX

henri: might consider that the above mappings be normative, though new  
APIs might come along and we'd add informative mappings

Implementer's Guide has sore relationship to this doc

this might be a standalone normative spec

michael: suggest it be produced by a "joint task force between PFWG and  
HTML WG" which is pretty much what we have here

<hsivonen> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/ARIA_to_API_mapping

henri: there are cases where ARIA says "if information absent, do the  
right thing" but the right thing not explicated (look at DOM in a certain  
way?)

anne: create a mapping to abstract concepts first, then map to the APIs

henri: start with Aarons doc linked above

michael: wiki fine, we should do it in the W3C mediawiki instnace

work plan: let's fill out the table, and then figure out next steps on  
what's based around it

Cynthia can contribute some information

We need to figure out a way to get AX information

Let's communicate using wai-xtech@w3.org

using [Role] as a subject line flag

<scribe> ACTION: Michael to add Ben, Ian, Anne to x-tech list [recorded in  
http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-role-minutes.html#action01]

<anne> Maybe add simonp@opera.com too

<anne> seems only chaals and anders are on that list

<anne> (from Opera)

<anne> annevk@opera.com

<Hixie> ian@hixie.ch

<anne> cerbera@projectcerbera.com

<scribe> ACTION: Michael, Cynthia to report to PFWG and propose to  
incorporate with implementer caucus work [recorded in  
http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-role-minutes.html#action02]


-- 
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>
<http://www.opera.com/>
Received on Friday, 24 October 2008 10:49:23 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:16:23 GMT